- WHY STUDENTS CHOOSE CSFC
WHY STUDENTS CHOOSE CSFC
Why do parents choose CSFC for their child? Ask any of our parents and they will tell you that it's because our students want to learn. We succeed in offering academic excellence, alongside superb pastoral support and a wide range of enriching activities.
Here are some of the benefits we offer:
- A culture of scholarship and a spirit of curiosity. We employ teachers who are leading figures in their fields. Many have over 15 years’ experience and are trained in creating an inspirational and responsive learning environment. Our pupils are encouraged to engage and ask questions throughout their studies. We believe it is this attitude that creates the most mature and capable students. For further information about our teaching staff, please visit our Staff page.
- Expert individual and small group tuition where required, as well as mentoring in core subjects. We understand that some subjects are more difficult to learn than others, regardless of the student. Individual and small group tuition ensures students benefit from receiving personal attention. You don’t have to be struggling – one-to-one teaching helps students perform to their highest potential. This unique level of care is proven to increase exam performance, as well as academic and career opportunities.
- A unique teaching approach. Cardiff Sixth Form College pioneers a new form of curriculum. We offer eight hours of tuition for core A-Level subjects, a mentoring system and additional support where needed, in addition to a flexible subject-combination timetable to allow all interests to be pursued.
- Specialist help with university applications. Your application to university is of the utmost importance. It is the make-or-break factor in applying to Oxford, Cambridge or any other leading university. We help our students at every step of the process (for further details, please visit our Specialist page). We offer intensive interview coaching, tailored advice on personal statements and opportunities for work observation. These services are specialised in order to give our candidates the best chance of getting into the university of their choice. To see which universities our students have progressed on to, see our University Destinations page.
- A wide range of enriching extra-curricular activities. Cardiff Sixth Form College doesn’t end in the class room. We offer a diverse range of after-school activities through which students can discover talents, develop individual character and gain skills in leadership and teamwork. We encourage music, arts and sports and students also undergo a wellbeing programme aimed at helping them to manage their workload, cope with stress and foster their unique potential and self-worth.
- Super-curricular activities and educational field trips. Our students work hard. We like to reward them for this. To complement students’ studies, Cardiff Sixth Form College arranges special activities and trips to prepare pupils for their university degrees and the wider world. Programmes such as the Science Olympiads, the International Citizenship Experience (ICE) Programme to Malaysia and India, and the International Space Settlement Design Competition (ISSDC) at NASA, are all designed to inspire students, propelling a passion for learning both inside and outside the classroom.
- A modern boarding environment with professional pastoral teams. It is our job to look after our students – and we take this role very seriously. Cardiff Sixth Form College provides more than just basic welfare. From our boarding facilities to our pledge to diversity, our school is purpose-built to encourage an accepting community. We want to encourage an environment where each and every person is treated with respect. Our students develop into responsible young adults, ready to excel in university life and the working world.
- A multi-cultural atmosphere. Cardiff Sixth Form College houses students from over 30 different nationalities and cultures. We promote and foster an environment of tolerance and awareness of others’ beliefs and ways of living.
- An assurance of excellence. For nine consecutive years, we have been ranked as the Top Private School in the UK, Top Private Co-Educational Boarding School and the Top Private Sixth Form College for A-Levels in the UK by The Education Advisers. In addition, we have been ranked number one for A-Level results in league tables published by The Telegraph and The Times for six consecutive years. For further information about our A-Level performance, please visit our A-Level results and A-Level league tables pages.